M610 inner cone clutch remoover tool help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

buckwill

hi , buck here, where can i find the tool to remove the inner part of the belt clutch from the crankshaft on wisc VF4D, the engine side cone disc, thanks

flyerdan

I just had a look in the book to see if it was some kind of special tool; if it's for the stationary half of the drive sheave on the crankshaft, it looks like your run of the mill two jaw puller. They should be available at Harbor Freight, any auto parts store, probably the box hardware stores, Tractor Supply, Northern, etc.
They might be called steering wheel pullers, but they can be used for other things, of course. The one pictured is a bolt puller; that means that the part to be removed has threaded holes to pull from while putting pressure on a central point.
The other type of puller is a jaw type, two or three, that grip the outside rim of whatever is being removed. Sometimes they will break a cast item from too much force, so they put threaded holes closer to the hub so they can be pulled with less chance of damage.
Here's the HF puller page , the universal bolt puller for $16 is pretty versatile. I've got that, as well as the three jaw set and a steering wheel puller.

OP
OP
B

buckwill

I just had a look in the book to see if it was some kind of special tool; if it's for the stationary half of the drive sheave on the crankshaft, it looks like your run of the mill two jaw puller. They should be available at Harbor Freight, any auto parts store, probably the box hardware stores, Tractor Supply, Northern, etc.
They might be called steering wheel pullers, but they can be used for other things, of course. The one pictured is a bolt puller; that means that the part to be removed has threaded holes to pull from while putting pressure on a central point.
The other type of puller is a jaw type, two or three, that grip the outside rim of whatever is being removed. Sometimes they will break a cast item from too much force, so they put threaded holes closer to the hub so they can be pulled with less chance of damage.
Here's the HF puller page , the universal bolt puller for $16 is pretty versatile. I've got that, as well as the three jaw set and a steering wheel puller.
thanks, i just found your reply, i been looking on search and if i dont search in the right forum, the search says no results found, thanks for help, on my little 610 i cant even take the engine remains out till i pull that clutch half off the crank, how bad is that huh, i saw over on lawn forum that some guy in australia had a 610 with a datsun engine, but his post was in 2010, so my search for how he accomplished that little physics defying trickwas not successfull, apparently only bugs bunny can make tents with the inside bigger than the outside, lol. ive measured it at least 5 times and its still 24 inches, i guess i need to find a bobcat engine room stretcher, as an old navy hand, if i can get 2 gallons of prop wash, and 3 pounds of relative bearing grease, a stretcher shouldn,t be too hard huh??