m610 hyd oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dynamic63

read in manual that should be 10w30-40 motor oil but mine is filled with atf thinking thats a little thin to lube chains any ideas thanks

foton

yeah ATf is not meant for gear appilications, when I had a bobcat 500 I used universal tractor fluid and never had a problem, it is for hydro and gear appilications.

OP
OP
D

dynamic63

yeah ATf is not meant for gear appilications, when I had a bobcat 500 I used universal tractor fluid and never had a problem, it is for hydro and gear appilications.
thats what i was thinking needs something heavier

Trench Reznor

thats what i was thinking needs something heavier
My M600 specifically calls out ATF, I think it is mainly because it has friction clutches that share the fluid. also mine has no gears, just chains and sprockets. I was thinking the 610 is almost exactly the same? I bought 20 gallons of ATF to put back in.

bobcatgrant

My M600 specifically calls out ATF, I think it is mainly because it has friction clutches that share the fluid. also mine has no gears, just chains and sprockets. I was thinking the 610 is almost exactly the same? I bought 20 gallons of ATF to put back in.
same here with a m600. It called for atf because of the clutches. And actually toward the end of my ownership of it , we were using utf with no real signifigant change in operation. guys at the hydro shop said it would be cheaper to run that and there was no real difference in utf when it came to the friction clutches. Take it for what its worth.