Lx885 Right side won’t move

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jbjke

NH Lx885 Right side won't drive forward or backwards what so ever. Lever runs fine and all linkages are tight and in tact. Even reached down to feel the pivot point on the pump where lever attaches to the shaft. Right tires are off, chain cover off, chains look immaculate. Mainly due to machine is a 1997 with just over 200 hours on it.... real hours, my uncle bought it brand new and hated the foot controls so he never used it, got sick and passed away. I've been using for about the last 5 years on the farm repairing crossings / moving items with pallet forks / odd jobs. Heaviest work has been dirt work. Lifting see corn.

Notes: Right side no movement forward or backward
Motor does not pull down
Inside side cover - chains look good and on sprockets
Right wheels / hubs will not move / locked up even when dragging
Center dipstick under seat is way over full.... not sure yet on how this happened.

What are the next steps I should try? It's in our farm shop and we are open to trying ourselves first otherwise I am trying to find a dealer that has a good attitude about helping us or them to repair it. It's not needed daily but would like to get back up and running with minimal cost. Since it is a low hour machine, I wonder what would go bad so soon.

Thanks for the input !!

Ivan

NH Lx885 Right side won't drive forward or backwards what so ever. Lever runs fine and all linkages are tight and in tact. Even reached down to feel the pivot point on the pump where lever attaches to the shaft. Right tires are off, chain cover off, chains look immaculate. Mainly due to machine is a 1997 with just over 200 hours on it.... real hours, my uncle bought it brand new and hated the foot controls so he never used it, got sick and passed away. I've been using for about the last 5 years on the farm repairing crossings / moving items with pallet forks / odd jobs. Heaviest work has been dirt work. Lifting see corn.

Motor does not pull down
Center dipstick under seat is way over full.... not sure yet on how this happened.

What are the next steps I should try? It's in our farm shop and we are open to trying ourselves first otherwise I am trying to find a dealer that has a good attitude about helping us or them to repair it. It's not needed daily but would like to get back up and running with minimal cost. Since it is a low hour machine, I wonder what would go bad so soon.

If it was me I would pull that mot or and see what is causing this. I dont know if that motor has a splined shaft or if you get real lucky it may be a key sheared off. Sounds like you have the the problem isolated just need to follow thru a little deeper

River Fluid Power

Motor does not pull down

Thanks for the input !!
The first thing I would check is the input shaft on the pump that drives the right side. It has a gear on it where it plugs into the gearbox. The splines could have stripped off, or the shaft may have broken. If there is no obvious sign of a broken shaft, try turning it by hand when it's pulled out off the gearbox. If it turns easy, that's not good. All would lead to the motor not turning. Also, the motor would be in a hydraulic lock state when the pump is not turning, so not necessarily a bad sign.

Latest posts