LX865 Gear Oil on Brake Side of Case

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mcann28

I have a 97 LX865 I recently purchased that was partially dismantled to repair a drive gearbox with bad bearings. I ordered new bearings, seals etc. and a rebuilt the gear. Reinstalled it and the machine runs and moves fine but I noticed a scrubbing sound that kind of sounded like the parking brake was partially engaged but the lever was not pulled. I took the drive motor out of the case and noticed some gear oil on the brake plates and some in the bottom of the brake case compartment. I don't believe this is normal, so I pulled the motor from the gearbox on the other side, and it had a small amount of oil in the brake case section and brake plates also. Does anyone know if this is normal or do I have a seal issues on both gear drive cases. The picture shows the brake side off the case not sure what the small square magnets do but there's a hole behind both that lead to the gear portion of the case with the gear oil in it so I'm sure some oil would leak out from there into the brake side of the case.

Attachments

• IMG_6382.jpg
    IMG_6382.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64

Latest posts