Lx565

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hx65363

I have a Lx 565 I have recently been having a problem with a very brief beep then the info center (dash) lights up then the pedals lock I have to unhook the seatbelt hook the seatbelt and go on, its got to a point that it's not worth using the skidder at all. I have checked and rechecked everything I can find, I've cleaned the grounds that I can find, all connections seam to be tight and clean. Is there any help out there, I'm at my wits end!!! HELP

flyerdan

It sounds like it's probably the seatbelt switch itself. You can try spraying some contact cleaner in and flushing it out with compressed air to clean it out.
That might work for quite a while; if it was me I'd just eliminate the switch and solder the wires together so it didn't throw spurious signals anymore.

OP
OP
H

Hx65363

It sounds like it's probably the seatbelt switch itself. You can try spraying some contact cleaner in and flushing it out with compressed air to clean it out.
That might work for quite a while; if it was me I'd just eliminate the switch and solder the wires together so it didn't throw spurious signals anymore.
Well I tried that, and it did not work when it beeped and flashed the dash, then I was unable to unhook the seatbelt and re-hook it so the foot pedals to release. So back to the drawing board!

elmouca

Well I tried that, and it did not work when it beeped and flashed the dash, then I was unable to unhook the seatbelt and re-hook it so the foot pedals to release. So back to the drawing board!
I have the same model and have removed the dash and installed steam gauges. The seat belt interlock circuit is always energized even with the key off! I was surprised to learn this but I didn't change it when I re-wired the dash. Its difficult to T/S virtually. Recommend that you validate all of the boom interlocks to the dashboard with a continuity check. The wiring diagram is not too difficult once you start following it. Without the wiring diagram, it may be extremely difficult to resolve the issue. If you want to bypass the interlock, be extremely careful and stop engine and lower the boom before getting out of the seat.