Lx565 Keeps shutting off

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

natebuck

After running for 15 min, it just shuts off. I don't have to be sitting in the seat-it will shut off. I put a new fuel pump on it. It didn't help. Any ideas are sure appreciated

flyerdan

Does it idle down and eventually die, like it's starving for fuel, or abruptly shut down like you shut it off?
If it's the latter, I would suspect a fuel shutoff solenoid has a weak hold coil that lets go when it heats up a bit.

OP
OP
N

natebuck

Does it idle down and eventually die, like it's starving for fuel, or abruptly shut down like you shut it off?
If it's the latter, I would suspect a fuel shutoff solenoid has a weak hold coil that lets go when it heats up a bit.
About every year I buy a new one on from NAPA for 80.00. There's got to be something better?

foton

About every year I buy a new one on from NAPA for 80.00. There's got to be something better?
have you determined that the pull coil is losing power and the hold power is staying on, I am thinking a yearly replacement might be that the pull coil is staying engaged when it should be off and causing the coil to overheat and burn up. this is a guess.