LS180 Hydraulic Temp Cold in Summer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Benn

Can't find what I'm looking for in the service manual or in a search, so I'm hoping someone will know. My LS180 started overheating a bit on the water temp today, 210 or so, with oil temp about 170. I babied it for a bit and cooled down, and it got hot again in about 20 min. When I went to check the oil temp, it said "cold". Manual says that's below 32F, which is unlikely after running for 2 hours in Alabama in July. Bad sensor? I've had wiring problems...would a melted/pinched wire give that indication? Thanks

foton

I am thinking about disconnecting the sensor and see what it says ,if it shows a open fault I would guess the sensor is bad. If it shows a reading, something is going on with the wiring. Have you used a inferred temp gauge to see what temp you are running at the thermostat housing? Just as a reference.

OP
OP
B

Benn

I am thinking about disconnecting the sensor and see what it says ,if it shows a open fault I would guess the sensor is bad. If it shows a reading, something is going on with the wiring. Have you used a inferred temp gauge to see what temp you are running at the thermostat housing? Just as a reference.
Thanks! I hadn't thought of unplugging it. Sometimes it's the little common sense things that we don't think of that are the easy answer.