Ls170 no start, dash goes blank

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jm2012

I have a 2001 ls170 with 1200 hrs that is having a strange electrical problem. Machine worked fine until a week ago, then randomly would not start. Dash lights up, seat belt engaged, as soon as key is turned it makes one click and then all the lights go out. Does not do anything in service mode. Have to wait a few minutes to get back into the machine and lights will come on but same issue. After checking it the next day machine started fine. Used for a few minutes then turned off. Following day same issue? Any thoughts? Battery is new, connections all seem good.

mrbb

when you say all connections are good, what all one have you inspected?
things can look good and be tight, yet can have corrosion issues that don't allow power to pass to things , I had a lot of issues with that on my 1999 lx865
funny how a little corrosion can cause all sorts of havoc on running, starting or??
if you haven't, I'd go over all connections again, clean, them well, including fuses
I'd also inspect the key connections or replace the key switch all together and inspect wiring! corrosion can travel down under the insulation and be a issue too! So if you find green on wires in places, keep that in mind!

ianmcolo

I have seen the battery cables corroded inside the cable which caused the problem you described.

Good luck