LS150 Electrical questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lost in ohio

I have a 2005 LS150 and now the dash always beeps and shows 0 volts, the fuel gauge always read full, and when I go to turn the lights on, the little red light in the dash comes on, but the lights do not. The 4 way lights work, and my battery tester shows that it is charging. Bad ground somewhere? Blown fuse that I can't find? Hoping that someone here might have some ideas to check. Thank you

Shanmar

Electrical gremlins--gotta love them. Since you asked for ideas.... I've owned Lx565, LX885, LS180, L185, but not a LS150, but they're all similar. Here's some ideas based on my experiences.
I would check/loosen/retighten grounds--both ends of both cables from battery. Should also be a ground strap between engine and frame usually on LH side near bell housing. Other ground points?
Wiggle fuses and relays both in cab and in box in engine compartment. I've had those sockets get weak/corroded and had to wire in replacements.
Alternator connections?
Just some ideas.

n.b skid steer guy

Yes grounds over head on the right hand side under a plate in the head liner .
And under the seat pan ar the edge of the belly housing top. Most grounds are in these locations but if that is not all. Check your seat wiring as it has the most exposed wires that can be pinched or crafted good luck. I do have a wire diagram if that helps