LS 175 not charging

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ranchhopper

I am pretty happy with my machine it has worked pretty well for me so far I had to replace a battery with a dead cell so far that's has been it for repairs. Lately the battery has not been getting charged after a while using it and multiple starts it will go down to the point of not having enough left in the battery to start. One strange thing since this problem surfaced when I turn it off I have to cycle the key to the ACC position then back to the off position to turn off the indicator lights on the display to go out. I have not really dug into the problem in depth yet hoping someone may have experienced this same problem and could give me a starting point.

Bswwood

Start with checking power directly at the alternator. Raise the arms in the air and support them remove your rear panels start the machine and see what your voltage at the alternator is. If you have 14 volts at the alternator just check your connections to your battery and make sure they are all good. If you don't have 14 volts check your signal wire to the alternator for system voltage. Follow your wiring harness only left rear of the engine and there is a plug that I usually have issues with, either broken wires or bad connections.

OP
OP
R

ranchhopper

Start with checking power directly at the alternator. Raise the arms in the air and support them remove your rear panels start the machine and see what your voltage at the alternator is. If you have 14 volts at the alternator just check your connections to your battery and make sure they are all good. If you don't have 14 volts check your signal wire to the alternator for system voltage. Follow your wiring harness only left rear of the engine and there is a plug that I usually have issues with, either broken wires or bad connections.
Ok thanks I will start there.

OP
OP
R

ranchhopper

Ok thanks I will start there.
Turned out to be a bad alternator had it checked at NAPA after I checked it myself with a voltage meter in the machine. Its no wonder it went out as packed full of dirt and crap as it was. Next project drop the belly pan and clean that out.