ls 160 won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kflex

I have an LS 160 I bought used. I think it's a 2011. EIC is on the left ROPS upright, start key is on the right upright. It was working fine. I parked it and a week later, went out to start it and when I turned on the key, the control board lights went crazy flashing and beeping. when I move key to start position, solenoid clicks like it's a low battery. battery is completely charged. Would / could moisture in the seat belt switch cause this? I know how temperamental they can be. could this maybe cause the starter interlock relay to not stay activated? any thoughts?

haymaker

I cannot count the times I was SURE I had a good ground and good battery connection but after taking the connections apart and a little wire brush or emery cloth work, when put back together it started right up.
Also have had battery test fine until load test. I switch out the battery with one from one of my tractors it started.
Just sayin.

UnexpectedBill

I quick test I like to try to check grounds - use a set of jumper cables. Put one cable from the engine block to the negative battery post. If nothing changes, then put the other cable from the chassis to the engine. It will help you figure out if it's an engine ground or a chassis ground problem.

Latest posts