Lower bobtach pin seal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

revken

Hello, I finished replacing the pins/bushing in my bobtach and I'm having trouble with the seals for the lower pins. I can get the seals to be centered and fit between the bobtach and the loader arms, but when I tilt the seals bind up and squish out. Not sure why they are doing that, so thought to stop and ask what I'm missing here before I tear them up. It was a tight fit to get both seals in, not sure what I could do differently. I do have a picture, but don't see where to attach it.

OP
OP
R

revken

So it hit me to look again at the parts diagram on bobcat parts dot com and I realized my mistake. The parts kit I ordered is for an updated version of the pins/bushing so the seals in my kit are the wrong ones for my unit. I ordered the correct seals and expect that will resolve the issue.

Tazza

Staff member
So it hit me to look again at the parts diagram on bobcat parts dot com and I realized my mistake. The parts kit I ordered is for an updated version of the pins/bushing so the seals in my kit are the wrong ones for my unit. I ordered the correct seals and expect that will resolve the issue.
Good to hear you worked it out. I don't know just how well these seals actually work, your best defense is to keep it greased, it will push out any rubbish that gets in there.