Looking to buy first tracked loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PropWash

Greetings, new poster, short time lurker. I currently own an old GEHL 2600, and have used it for the past few years for minor land work, log transportation, and snow removal. Unfortunately, I have about 3 hours work into it for every hour of usage. I realized that I could use more mechanized power and versatility, with less headaches. I have been shopping around for the decent prices on ASV RC30s and RC50s. I have been leaning towards the 50 as it will interface with the common Bobcat implements, and gives me more power to work with than the 30. I also assume the 50 will have a better chance for resale if I decide to move on. I have been finding machines ranging from $11,000 to $17,000 for 50s in the 2000-4000 hour range, and $18,000 to $30,000 in the 100-800 hour range. There is a 2006 with about 200 hours going up for auction near me soon, and might try to land that for a fair price. Does anybody have any good data or insight into thse units as far as cost of ownership and the liquidity of them if I need to sell? I live on 10 acres of fairly dense woods with a good amount of hills and variable terrain. My driveway is paved uphill, and is about 600 feet. I will use the ASV for snow removal (West Michigan Snow), Moving Rocks & Dirt, Grapple Duties (As I sold a bunch of timber and have a lot more trees to remove) and the occasional brush hog work. I really want to get more stuff done in less time (and have fun doing it) as I have a first child on the way. Thoughts? Nick

OP
OP
PropWash

PropWash

Oops, sorry about not clicking on the ASV Thread. I cant edit or remove the post. Bad Nick, no doughnut.

BOBCATMAN

I HOPE YOU BOUGHT A bOBCAT. THEY HAVE PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN TO BE THE FIRST AND STILL THE VERY BEST EQUIPMENT OUT THERE. IF YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT CALL YOUR DEALER AND DEMO ONE. I WOULDN'T STEER YOU WRONG!