Looking to buy 2070 but bent frame

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

junor747

Hello there looking to buy a skid steer for the ranch. So its duties will mainly be moving round bales, gravel for the road etc. came across a 2070 with 1800 hrs on it. Asking is 10.5. Haven't seen it in person yet and know nothing about skid steers but I can work on anything and I understand the Isuzu is a great engine. My question is I noticed where the top lifting arm connects to the frame it is bent out a little bit like a dog ear on a page. What is the issue there? Should I be worried?

Attachments

• IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 61

brdgbldr

Hello there looking to buy a skid steer for the ranch. So its duties will mainly be moving round bales, gravel for the road etc. came across a 2070 with 1800 hrs on it. Asking is 10.5. Haven't seen it in person yet and know nothing about skid steers but I can work on anything and I understand the Isuzu is a great engine. My question is I noticed where the top lifting arm connects to the frame it is bent out a little bit like a dog ear on a page. What is the issue there? Should I be worried?
Hard to tell the extent of the bend in the photo.

If it is a bad enough bent it could be torquing the lift arm pin. This would cause premature wear of the pin and bushings. It would also make it hard to remove the pin once worn.

On the other hand all bends can be fixed with enough heat and pressure.

OP
OP
J

junor747

Hard to tell the extent of the bend in the photo.

If it is a bad enough bent it could be torquing the lift arm pin. This would cause premature wear of the pin and bushings. It would also make it hard to remove the pin once worn.

On the other hand all bends can be fixed with enough heat and pressure.
Thanks but what caused something like that?? Like a heavy load or did it fall on its side?

Firefighter

doesn't look to bad i have seen them bent in also, not sure how its done , as far as the pin is concerned they are heavy pins and bushings and never had to replace any in the frame, the bushings in the boom can get wear over time from lack of grease

foton

I think that a half a day with the proper equipment that could be straightened, is the bend only on the one side? the price seems right for you if the rest of the machine is good.