Log splitter valve

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ancomcabs

I also posted this under home made but was not sure how much activity that forum sees, if that was wrong let me know
I picked up a used splitter, no motor, that I will run off my bobcat 630 aux hydraulics. Not sure if I need to set up the control valve as open or closed center or if it matters? Also not sure how to tell how the control valve is already set up.
Markings on the valve say "energy" 196030 or 196930, could not tell for sure, also 318Z and c 36
Thanks for any advice in advance

RodNH

You need an open center valve. A closed center valve will cause the skid's relief valve to open continuously whenever the valve spool is centered - not good. To check if the valve you have is open center, with the spool in the center/neutral position, you should be able to blow air in the inlet (supply) opening and have it come freely out the outlet (return) opening.

OP
OP
ancomcabs

ancomcabs

You need an open center valve. A closed center valve will cause the skid's relief valve to open continuously whenever the valve spool is centered - not good. To check if the valve you have is open center, with the spool in the center/neutral position, you should be able to blow air in the inlet (supply) opening and have it come freely out the outlet (return) opening.
Thanks Rod