Locust skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I have never heard of them before either.
I'm sure there are quite a few *odd* brands out there. If you are looking at buying it keep in mind that buying spares may be difficult. If you stick to a known brand you know spares will always be available.

Tazza

Staff member
Here it is, www.way-industry.sk/eng/index.php?b=l1203_telspeed&c=video
What tha???
I was watching an thinking yeah, standard skid steer then the boom extended and i was like WTF.
I like that, do they have some sort of limiting gear? as naturally the further out you extend a load the more the machine will want to tip forward. It would also be interesting to see how they keep the dirt out of the moving parts to reduce wear. As we all know, dirt and grease + moving parts = wear.

TriHonu

What tha???
I was watching an thinking yeah, standard skid steer then the boom extended and i was like WTF.
I like that, do they have some sort of limiting gear? as naturally the further out you extend a load the more the machine will want to tip forward. It would also be interesting to see how they keep the dirt out of the moving parts to reduce wear. As we all know, dirt and grease + moving parts = wear.
Bulldog-USA also makes an extending boom model.
Tazza, I agree with the wear issue. It just seems that it would tend to have dirt falling into the boom, but I don't see that extension function having a high cycle rate.
The backhoes with extendable booms are orientated down but they still have a grease covered boom exposed to all the dirt in the excavation. I wonder how much wear they get without diligent maintenance?