Loading backhoe attach. on trailer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chandler

I bought a 609 bradco backhoe attachment a while back. I would like some advice from some of you who have one on how is the best way to load it onto a trailer. I have a 18' flat bed gooseneck trailer with a 4' dovetail and the bed is about 42" high from the ground. My bobcat is a 773 turbo. All help is appreciated.

thetool

With that weight on the front, you can drive straight forward onto and back off of the trailer.
If you have to leave the backhoe on the trailer, drive straight on, disconnect and do a 180 on the deck, and drive off forward. Or back onto the trailer, do your one-eighty and hook up, then back off with the hoe. Depending on the ramp set-up, sometimes I had to get on the ramp before I locked it on because I had to raise it a little to clear.
I've done it before, spinning on the deck is a little intimidating for me, and it's more comfortable if the deck is level. Use a helper for a guide until you get the hang.

TriHonu

Is your trailer a clear deck? If so lock your boom, crowd the stick, curl the bucket and drive up to the side of the trailer and load it. The 609 is less than 8 feet long.
This way you are not trying to drive up a steep set of ramps with all that weight.

OP
OP
C

Chandler

Is your trailer a clear deck? If so lock your boom, crowd the stick, curl the bucket and drive up to the side of the trailer and load it. The 609 is less than 8 feet long.
This way you are not trying to drive up a steep set of ramps with all that weight.
When you say clear, I take it you mean level w/o fenders. Yes it is, the deck is 18'x 8'. When you sit it on the trailer do you boom it down in the upright position so you can hook back up to it with the bobcat or do you lay it down? Just wondering how you get it back off of the trailer.

TriHonu

When you say clear, I take it you mean level w/o fenders. Yes it is, the deck is 18'x 8'. When you sit it on the trailer do you boom it down in the upright position so you can hook back up to it with the bobcat or do you lay it down? Just wondering how you get it back off of the trailer.
Leave it upright sitting on the bottom of the Quicktach plate and back of the bucket. Chain the back of the bucket and two chains on the Quicktach side.
Loaded from the side you get 3 feet of deck back and it is still easily accessible. Depending upon the location of the trailer axles you will have to decide if you can properly balance the total load.

OP
OP
C

Chandler

Leave it upright sitting on the bottom of the Quicktach plate and back of the bucket. Chain the back of the bucket and two chains on the Quicktach side.
Loaded from the side you get 3 feet of deck back and it is still easily accessible. Depending upon the location of the trailer axles you will have to decide if you can properly balance the total load.
I think that will work for me. I will try to load it on the front of the trailer that way. I think it will give me plenty of room to load the bobcat over my axles. I appreciate the info. I will let you know how it works. Right now, I am waiting on the bobcat backhoe mounts from Bradco. And then, I will either have to modify or buy new arms for it. The arms that are on it fit a New Holland and they hit the cross member on the lift arms when I try to hook up to the quick attach.

Latest posts