Loader boom Squeak ,

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Skidder2

Greetings : I looked at a bobcat 753 for sale , while operating , raising the loader arms there was a squeak , a long squeak during the loader arms moving upwards. No squeak down. Bucket tilted without squeaking . Any thoughts as to the cause .

farmshop

Hopefully it just needs grease on the pivot points.
An old equipment operator always told me when going to look at equipment to take a grease gun with. If something doesn't take grease it probably means it hadn't been greased regularly. I have had skid steers where you have to grease them with the boom in several different heights to get them to stop squeaking

OP
OP
S

Skidder2

An old equipment operator always told me when going to look at equipment to take a grease gun with. If something doesn't take grease it probably means it hadn't been greased regularly. I have had skid steers where you have to grease them with the boom in several different heights to get them to stop squeaking
Thanks for the replies. Another question : On the same machine , I didn't see any switches on the steering arms for the actuation of auxiliary hydraulics , but I did notice that the hoses and couplers are installed on the lift arm . I'm going to assume the skid steer is not equipped with this option . My question is , is it difficult or expensive to add/ upgrade to the machine?

reaperman

Thanks for the replies. Another question : On the same machine , I didn't see any switches on the steering arms for the actuation of auxiliary hydraulics , but I did notice that the hoses and couplers are installed on the lift arm . I'm going to assume the skid steer is not equipped with this option . My question is , is it difficult or expensive to add/ upgrade to the machine?
If it doesnt have any controls on the levers, its probably not a 753. A 743 would be my guess as to what it is. To activate the aux hydraulics, the right steering lever is pulled sideways towards the operator to engage. A 753 would have a kubota v2203 engine sitting sideways, flywheel next to the battery in the engine compartment. A 743 would have a Kubota v1702 engine sitting the long way in the engine compartment. Check the serial number tag to verify.

OP
OP
S

Skidder2

If it doesnt have any controls on the levers, its probably not a 753. A 743 would be my guess as to what it is. To activate the aux hydraulics, the right steering lever is pulled sideways towards the operator to engage. A 753 would have a kubota v2203 engine sitting sideways, flywheel next to the battery in the engine compartment. A 743 would have a Kubota v1702 engine sitting the long way in the engine compartment. Check the serial number tag to verify.
Yeah it is a753f ,according to the tag, and has the sideways engine .