LittleE is Me

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LittleE

Hello everyone. I'm a firmware engineer with a large firm, writing embedded software for the last 35+ years. I have a little acreage where I put up a little hay. I grew up on a farm and was never able to get the joy of working the land out of my system. I recognized early on however, that with farming, you pretty much have to start with a fortune and then you can only farm until it is all gone. I'm fortunate in that I enjoy writing code, so sitting at a computer is not a real hardship for me. Never the less, I like to be outside getting exercise whenever I can.
I was borrowing a 743 Bobcat skid steer loader and one day it started right up, but nothing worked. I pulled off the vane pump thinking that was the issue, only to find that the shaft coming through the hydrostats was not turning. Put that end of the system all back together and pulled the motor. What I think the only issue is, (very lucky if that is the case), the bolt holding the spline on the hydrostat keyed shaft came out and the spline coupler moved all the way back into the universal joint coupling. Now, I can grease the u-joint and put everything back together, but I have questions. On the bolt was a very thick washer/spacer of some sort. It is approximately 1/4 inch thick, somewhat deformed and with the bolt hole a bit off center. What I'm wondering is if someone used a different (longer) bolt and needed this thick washer to prevent the bolt from bottoming out before tightening on the spline coupler or if this is actually OEM. It could also be that this thick washer is intended to provide rigidity to the spline collar. I can't find a part number in the service and parts manuals. Does anyone have any thoughts on a replacement for this washer? I think it is really too deformed to reuse and could even be the reason the bolt backed out in the first place.
Thanks in advance!
LittleE