Lift Cylinder

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

So... I broke a lift cylinder on my T770. Its been replaced but now I'm having to grease it every 2 hours to stop a creaking sound coming from the upper cylinder attaching point. I took it back to my dealer and they gave me a tube of Bobcat grease and told me to keep greasing it every 2 hours/ This creaking sound is the same one I heard before it last one broke. Anyone have thought on whats up? Thanks Hal PS... I have a video but I either haven't posted enough to have rights to post it or I don't know how. If anyone would like to post it for me please let me know.

farmshop

I wonder if the pin bosses are tweaked. I'd be tempted to block the boom up and pound the pin out and see how the holes line up

OP
OP
B
I wonder if the pin bosses are tweaked. I'd be tempted to block the boom up and pound the pin out and see how the holes line up
I'm pretty new to these things... when you say pin boss are you referring to the pivot pins? Other than blocking up the boom anything I need to know before taking them out. I'm thinking I'll start with the top end of the cylinder, if it looks good go to the bottom end, if its good then the pivot point and check the pin and bushings?

farmshop

I'm pretty new to these things... when you say pin boss are you referring to the pivot pins? Other than blocking up the boom anything I need to know before taking them out. I'm thinking I'll start with the top end of the cylinder, if it looks good go to the bottom end, if its good then the pivot point and check the pin and bushings?
The boss would be where the pin connects to the boom and the frame. I would try tapping out the upper pin. If everything is tri and straight they should slide out easily. If something is bent our twisted they can bind up and be more difficult to grease. The other thought would be if the grease is going between the rod eye bushing and the rod and not lubing the pin. With the pin out a shot of grease should show the passage is open.