Lift cylinder or valve body problem?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

truebldrs

I have an 2003 ASV Rc-50 skid steer. Today when I filled the bucket (soil) and lifted the load 3 feet and started driving away and the bucket drops slowly 6-8 inches then stops falling. Then you lift it again higher and it falls again 6-8 inches then stops dropping! Is this the lift cylinders leaking internally or a valve body issue? I have NO leaks and the fluid level has not changed! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Tazza

Staff member
Weird, if it was a leaky cylinder it should continue dropping.
Its a very remote possibility that the nut has come loose on the end of the piston inside the cylinder. It would explain the drop as the pedal is released.
Its only a thought, and a very romote possibility, but it has happened in the past, bought a machine that the tilt rams nut was only just holding on, it caused all sorts of havoc before i worked it out.

OP
OP
T

truebldrs

Weird, if it was a leaky cylinder it should continue dropping.
Its a very remote possibility that the nut has come loose on the end of the piston inside the cylinder. It would explain the drop as the pedal is released.
Its only a thought, and a very romote possibility, but it has happened in the past, bought a machine that the tilt rams nut was only just holding on, it caused all sorts of havoc before i worked it out.
Thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention, I cannot duplicate the problem when the bucket is empty. There has to be a load in it.

leaddog

Thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention, I cannot duplicate the problem when the bucket is empty. There has to be a load in it.
might be sucking air. If you have a loose fitting or very small leak. Raise and lower to the stops and see if it stops it. leaddog