learned something today

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

loaded my bobcat on the trailer, stopped at the station and filled her up with deisel. when i got to the job i realized i didn't put the gas cap on. what. a. mess. diesel was coated allllll over my machine and trailer. i will never make this mistake again. just a public service announcement!

reaperman

Welcome to the club, I use to take the cap off and put in on roof of the machine and forget about it. I never lost it, but I did spend a lot of time searching the trails around my property for the cap. Now when I fill it, I put the cap on the front step of the machine. So if I forget it, I will see it as I climb aboard.

de03x7

I have an early 80's 743B and I can tell you that a fuel cap from a late 80's chevy surburban will fit it.

Mikefromcny

I have an early 80's 743B and I can tell you that a fuel cap from a late 80's chevy surburban will fit it.
Dont feel bad tom, A few years ago I got distracted gassing up my John Deere 720 2 cylinder tractor. Noticed a few WEEKS later (with a lot of rain) that the gas cap was laying on the hood. Took atleast an hour to get the 1+ gallon of water out.

fogman

In a bad snow storm I had a worker not only put fuel in left tank (aka hydro.) on a 743 than ran it until the fuel ran out. He had to sit in it for over a hour as the arms were up and the door was on. did not know the rear window was removable. There was no money made that storm.

Latest posts