Leaks everywhere

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wisconsinjimmy

721 cat, put new axle bearings and seals in re-installed the Duetz and hyd fluid while hooking up fuel pump there was a river forming underneath darn rear hubcaps? leaking and on left rear outer axle seal leaking what a pain lost about 3 gal of fluid so not to bad hope to take it apart on Sunday to fix the axle seal.

antfarmer2

Does it have a hydro tank by the gas tank or is the hydro fluid in the chain case? If it has the tank and gear reduction boxes with the drive motors on them there is a seal between them that also needs to be replaced

OP
OP
W

wisconsinjimmy

Does it have a hydro tank by the gas tank or is the hydro fluid in the chain case? If it has the tank and gear reduction boxes with the drive motors on them there is a seal between them that also needs to be replaced
Hey AF, My hydraulics are stored in the two side tanks (chain case) and the fuel tank is plastic which is under the main pump. I just screwed up and in my rush I thought I could get by with silicone as a gasket (NOT) to cheap to go buy some cork/rubber gasket material. I am going to pull the left rear axel and take it apart to see if the seal can be saved and also why it leaks. Thanks for the words of wisdom

antfarmer2

Hey AF, My hydraulics are stored in the two side tanks (chain case) and the fuel tank is plastic which is under the main pump. I just screwed up and in my rush I thought I could get by with silicone as a gasket (NOT) to cheap to go buy some cork/rubber gasket material. I am going to pull the left rear axel and take it apart to see if the seal can be saved and also why it leaks. Thanks for the words of wisdom
Sounds like a good start it is a learning thing I have a 743 and still learning mine is a differant set up best of luck to you a lot of great guys in here