L781 no lift functions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Belstad88

I have a new Holland l781, last week when running it I noticed some loud whining/squealing noises when tipping the bucket. I did not notice anything when running the boom/lift but I didn't run it for more than a few minutes. I assumed I was low on hydraulics so I shut it down for the day. Fast forward to this week. I filled it back up with hydraulics (it was low but still on the stick) then checked the strainer (lots of metal shavings and some small rubber ball cover type pieces) cleaned that up, and went to run it. Once I went to run it I still get the loud whining noises and absolutely no hydraulic functions. Whenever I engage either pedal it whines real bad, hoses jump, then lowers the motor rpms. No squealing noise until I hit the pedals. I did pull the hydraulic pump out to look it over (externally) and so no issues, spun the shaft and it didn't feel bad for a gear pump. Reinstalled and it is still happening. The loader still travels fine with no noise. Indicator light is on: "engine oil pressure low" I have no dug into this yet as I assumed it was unrelated and I have only ran this for a few seconds at a time. I did verify oil is in there.

OP
OP
B

Belstad88

I tore into it a little bit this evening. The sound appears to be coming from the control valve by my left foot. I took the cover off and when I hit the pedals I can hear and feel noise from this valve assembly. Any ideas on what I should check from here? Again I have good travel but any hydraulic (tilt, boom, aux) have no function and produce a load squeal like the circuit is dead heading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan

I tore into it a little bit this evening. The sound appears to be coming from the control valve by my left foot. I took the cover off and when I hit the pedals I can hear and feel noise from this valve assembly. Any ideas on what I should check from here? Again I have good travel but any hydraulic (tilt, boom, aux) have no function and produce a load squeal like the circuit is dead heading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have aux hydraulics on this machine. If you do and the hoses hook up in the cab you valve on the left side down by the floor is on

OP
OP
B

Belstad88

Do you have aux hydraulics on this machine. If you do and the hoses hook up in the cab you valve on the left side down by the floor is on
Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have aux hydraulics, and yes the connectors on on the outside of the cab. The control valve on the lower right does appear to be the problem but how do I troubleshoot that or repair? It appears to have a pressure relief, seat belt interlock solenoid, and then the valve itself. I have no lift or tilt whatsoever. What should be my next test?

Ivan

Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have aux hydraulics, and yes the connectors on on the outside of the cab. The control valve on the lower right does appear to be the problem but how do I troubleshoot that or repair? It appears to have a pressure relief, seat belt interlock solenoid, and then the valve itself. I have no lift or tilt whatsoever. What should be my next test?
Turn it off. If my valve is on the arms will not work and you cannot work the bucket. On mine the valve handle has to be straight up to be off

OP
OP
B

Belstad88

Turn it off. If my valve is on the arms will not work and you cannot work the bucket. On mine the valve handle has to be straight up to be off
I get what you are saying now. For mine to engage the aux it's actually on the right handle. I have tried turning this off and on and it doesn't appear to change the hydraulic functions. Also when I try to engage aux I get the same noise. The noise appears to be coming from the control valve

OP
OP
B

Belstad88

I get what you are saying now. For mine to engage the aux it's actually on the right handle. I have tried turning this off and on and it doesn't appear to change the hydraulic functions. Also when I try to engage aux I get the same noise. The noise appears to be coming from the control valve
Thru troubleshooting I was able to determine it is a bad control unit not sending power down to my solenoid even though all the safety inputs were satisfied. If I jumper out the solenoid power it runs fine. Now I'll be in search of a new control unit.

Latest posts