L555 hydraulic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

deaop06

The problem I am having just started. History on machine is: 1989 L555 deluxe. 2496 hrs showing on working meter. Had set for 6 years as owner had died. We got it to run and hydraulics to work so loaded it and took it home. Had some seat belt problems and seat sensors had to be replaced. Jacked it off ground. changed oil and hydraulic fluid and all filters after flushing the hydraulics and cleaning the tanks good. Seemed to run good. Had to adjust left steering a little and the shock is leaking but still worked. Have put 2 hrs on it since and run fine. Couple of leaks that were fixed. Has auxiliary hydraulics but the left line was broken and fitting was plugged off. The right one was frayed but still hocked up so I took it off and caped it. Also the cable was frozen and not working. So what is happening now is the driving is shaking and making bad noises. Runs straight but turning is a problem. Also the boom and bucket are slow going up. I was reading the forum last night and " help before I get a divorce " was about the same problem as what I have except my boom and bucket have the slowness. I have the pressure gauge to check but not sure where to hook it up. Don't have a flow meter to check the gpm. The pressure light never comes on but don't know for sure if it is working but all the other lights seem to work. This problem just started on Saturday. I am old and slow but can still rebuild about anything. I got this machine to replace a 1977 L225 that had a hard life but runs ok. Son has a deer farm so we use a skid some but needed a bigger one. That is the history and the problem. Hoping someone can help. Right now I need to know where to put the pressure gauge. Sorry for long post. Thanks

Mike10

Be sure you did not cap the supply or return line at the aux valve. The only lines you can cap are the two which go to the couplers.

OP
OP
deaop06

deaop06

Be sure you did not cap the supply or return line at the aux valve. The only lines you can cap are the two which go to the couplers.
The one that I caped was where the 181" line connected to the line that comes out the side from the valve. The other one was caped the same way by someone else. End of tube after the valve.

OP
OP
deaop06

deaop06

The one that I caped was where the 181" line connected to the line that comes out the side from the valve. The other one was caped the same way by someone else. End of tube after the valve.
Well still having a lot of rain. Won't work in rain. The other day I pulled the cap off the suction tube and the screen was kind of plugged. Looked like pieces of slim. Cleaned it out and machine seems ok now. Boom and bucket work as normal. No noise from steering when I worked it. I have it jacked up for now so decided to adjust the park brake. Problem is The rod has no movement when you depress the foot pedal. The 1/2" rod that goes into the sprockets is almost touching the teeth. The yoke is about where it was. How does the foot pedal pull the rod into the teeth? I don't under stand quit how this should work. Nothing seems frozen up on the shaft. Any ideas? Thanks