L555 Accessory Hydraulics

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chrisepp

I got a L555 Deluxe. It has the accessory hydraulic hoses on the boom, but I don't see any control for the accessory hydraulics. The manual I have does not mention it or show where the control should be. Any idea where it should be and how I can confirm I have everything for the accessory hydraulics to be useful?

Dwain

In Section 6 of the Operator's manual I have, it shows the connections inside the cab that are piped down to a control valve on the left side floor. There is a short handle on the valve. It describes how it has detents so that it is "on/off". If a cylinder is operated, it says the detents may be removed so the handle returns to the neutral position. I can't figure out how to post pictures or I would scan and send it. Hope this helps. - Dwain

Ivan

In Section 6 of the Operator's manual I have, it shows the connections inside the cab that are piped down to a control valve on the left side floor. There is a short handle on the valve. It describes how it has detents so that it is "on/off". If a cylinder is operated, it says the detents may be removed so the handle returns to the neutral position. I can't figure out how to post pictures or I would scan and send it. Hope this helps. - Dwain
He has something different. The one you are talking about has the line connections in the cab and when it is in use the boom locks out. This is the one that I have. I thought the boom one was controlled by a foot pedal. Look up a parts diagram and you should be able to figure it out

OP
OP
chrisepp

chrisepp

He has something different. The one you are talking about has the line connections in the cab and when it is in use the boom locks out. This is the one that I have. I thought the boom one was controlled by a foot pedal. Look up a parts diagram and you should be able to figure it out
The handle on the left is the locking pins to keep the boom elevated safely when getting out (for engine access etc.) The operators handbook or workshop manual do not list the auxiliary hydraulics. I did find some parts listings that show two different options for the auxiliary hydraulics. The one I had previously seen had a big handle that you pushed forward and back to make it work. I found another one that shows what I have on mine. It is controller by the right drive control. There is a tilt function on the controller, but mine is bolted so it can't tilt and there is no control going to it. However everything else appears to be there. The control unit is mounted right by the front right foot above. The cable and some connectors are missing to connect it to the handle, but looks like everything else is there so I should be able to order a few parts and get it working. Thanks guys! https://www.messicks.com/nh/147679?sectionId=334431&diagramId=2072615

Ivan

The handle on the left is the locking pins to keep the boom elevated safely when getting out (for engine access etc.) The operators handbook or workshop manual do not list the auxiliary hydraulics. I did find some parts listings that show two different options for the auxiliary hydraulics. The one I had previously seen had a big handle that you pushed forward and back to make it work. I found another one that shows what I have on mine. It is controller by the right drive control. There is a tilt function on the controller, but mine is bolted so it can't tilt and there is no control going to it. However everything else appears to be there. The control unit is mounted right by the front right foot above. The cable and some connectors are missing to connect it to the handle, but looks like everything else is there so I should be able to order a few parts and get it working. Thanks guys! https://www.messicks.com/nh/147679?sectionId=334431&diagramId=2072615
The handle he is talking about is on the left side down towards the floor. It is a shit off valve for the hyd lines on that side. The boom lock is up higher toward the back of the cab and in my L 553 it is on the right side

deaop06

My 89 has the control on right side inside front. A cable runs to right stick to activate it. I had to replace the cable when I got it and clean the valve that was frozen. Works good now.

OP
OP
chrisepp

chrisepp

My 89 has the control on right side inside front. A cable runs to right stick to activate it. I had to replace the cable when I got it and clean the valve that was frozen. Works good now.
That is what mine has also. However there is no cable connecting it to the valve at the front right of the cab, so I need to order a cable and some connectors to replace the missing cable.