KUDOs for Cat field service folks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pls1911

I cannot say enough good things about the Caterpillar field service personnel I've used. See "Cat 242D event alarm clear procedure" post . All diagnosis pointed to a faulty DPF sensor. However, after diagnosis, a continuity check was performed and clearly something wasn't right. A service bulletin was found (which was circulated withing CAT service personnel only) describing the issues, and the resolution... replace the entire wiring harness. My service folks did this to remedy a factory defined issue which I feel should have been a recall item... but it was an expensive out of pocket repair for this owner. Service folks were very courteous and really knew the equipment but couldn't get management to step up to cover a machine with 1800 hours. I'm not really angry, but am certainly disappointed that Cat didn't stand up for a known deficiency.

Tazza

Staff member
Was the damage on harness by the exhaust outlet tube?
That is a shame, on such a low hour machine.
A lof of the service techs go above and beyond to help out, but the guys higher up that pay the bills do all they can to keep the mone coming in, even when they really should help out, even if they supplied the part at cost and/or a reduction in labor costs.