Kubota v2203 speed control plate adjusting bolt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

oracle_of_ferndale

My 743 has a v2203 reefer engine swap. I recently noticed that the speed control plate adjusting bolt is missing. Must have vibrated out. Can't find it in the engine compartment. This part is only available at the Carrier dealership, which is not a convenient trip. In the diagram below, it is the 010 assembly. I'm wondering what it does? The hole is threaded. Can I just screw a bolt in there? It has been running without it for a while, but now is having a fuel delivery issue. Might be unrelated to the bolt. Appreciate any suggestions.

speed_control.jpg

Tazza

Staff member
This part actually has nothing to do with the speed control, it is your max fuel limiter, it should never just vibrate out..... It is actually quite an important part.

My understanding is, it's there to limit how far the fuel rack on the injector pump can move to limit how wide open it can go, it is factory set and encased in an aluminium shield to make it so people don't mess with it. If you move it too far, the engine will smoke, it will give more power, but if you go too far you get more fuel than your engine can burn and then you get black smoke.

643disaster

My 743 has a v2203 reefer engine swap. I recently noticed that the speed control plate adjusting bolt is missing. Must have vibrated out. Can't find it in the engine compartment. This part is only available at the Carrier dealership, which is not a convenient trip. In the diagram below, it is the 010 assembly. I'm wondering what it does? The hole is threaded. Can I just screw a bolt in there? It has been running without it for a while, but now is having a fuel delivery issue. Might be unrelated to the bolt. Appreciate any suggestions.

View attachment 3682
Did you end up getting a replacement part? Also when you swapped the 2203 into your 743 did you have to change the governor springs? I see some say you have to and some don't mention it at all. If so what springs would I put in?