Kubota V1902-B Engine Block Coolant Drain?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

UnexpectedBill

Hi everyone- I'm still working my way through the maintenance on the 1989 L555 I bought. I pulled the rad to straighten & clean out a bunch of fins - looks like the fan made contact at some point and folded a bunch over. I got a flowerpot full of dirt out of the rad fins and am adding a recovery bottle, so it should cool allot better now.
Anyway, I'd like to completely drain & fill the system with all new antifreeze. The book says 3+ gallons capacity, but I only got about 1-1/2 out and I can't find the block drain plug to drain it.
Does anyone know where the plug is on the engine?

Ivan

Below your injector pump is a valve. You won't get anything out of it as you have to open rad drain valve and coolant should run out

OP
OP
U

UnexpectedBill

Thanks. I saw it and was afraid to touch it, looks like it's part of the injection pump. When I opened it nothing came out. I found the nipple plugged up with dirt. Once I cleaned it up it's draining.

OP
OP
U

UnexpectedBill

Thanks for the help, Ivan. I got it drained and refilled, but now the drain valve is leaking. I am seeing prices of like $75 for a replacement valve. Do you happen to know if it's a regular NPT thread? I'd be happy to replace the valve with a brass pipe plug.

Ivan

Thanks for the help, Ivan. I got it drained and refilled, but now the drain valve is leaking. I am seeing prices of like $75 for a replacement valve. Do you happen to know if it's a regular NPT thread? I'd be happy to replace the valve with a brass pipe plug.
Just a guess but I think it may be a 1/4 pipe thread. If it was me I wold just get a petcock fitting from the hardware

OP
OP
U

UnexpectedBill

Ivan, Finally got some time to look at the skid today. The valve threads into an adapter fitting on the block and I didn't remove it. The valve has 3/8 NPT thread. I bought a 3/8 - 1/4 NPT reducer fitting and 1/4 NPT drain peacock. Works perfect đź‘Ť

Latest posts