Kubota SVL75-2 suddenly stops working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

remobec

Hello, We have a new-to-us Kubota skidsteer. Put a few hours on it, worked fine. Then today, it started acting strange. My husband was out using it in the pasture. This is what he said happened: He started the machine up and let it warm up, and went to hook up our grubber. At this point we noticed hydraulic fluid streaming from the cover on the right side final drive. The bolts on the cover seemed to be loose, after tightening them, the stream was reduced from a stream to a slow leak. I worked the machine for about 1 hour and then had serious problems. As I was traveling down our pasture road the hydraulic lock suddenly engaged. Thank goodness I was idling along in 1st, even so it was quite a jolting stop. I figured that I had inadvertently bumped one of the seat belt arms tripping it. I unlocked the hydraulics, and began moving forward, less than a minute later it locked down again. At this point I knew I had not bumped the arms, it took several tries to get the hydraulics to unlock again. We shut the machine down, disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes. I was hoping it was a computer issue and this would remedy the problem. We restarted the machine and it worked well for about 40 more minutes. This time it did this when I had my bucket raised, I tried unsuccessfully several times to get it to unlock. I finally had to start and restart it several times, finally it allowed me to unlock it and lower the bucket. We stopped use immediately and began trying to get back to the house. It locked down 3 or 4 times more trying to get it to the house. I do not know why it is doing this, it now takes a couple of minutes before it allows you to unlock the hydraulics when it does this. Can you tell me the correct torque for the final drive cover bolts? Do you know why it is locking the hydraulics down? Can you provide me with any help?

JTWAT

Hope you have it repaired by now but if not, the first thing to check is the hydraulic fluid level.