Just ordered ‘snow tracks’ and carbides...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alyaz

If anyone is interested in using their tracked Tak for snow removal, here is what I learned. Of course you may have different experiences but maybe this will help someone who is looking for better traction in the snow. After having talked to as many people as I could find about using tracks for snow and ice, most seem to have had excellent reports on the Camso CTL SD tracks. They are now made by Michelin and the track pattern and material seem extremely conducive to good winter traction. So I have a narrow set (12.5") on order. Seems counter intuitive, but as with tires, narrow is better in the snow / ice. I also wanted to get some carbides for the tracks and looked at about four different brands. Three were 'bolt in' types and one was a 'bolt through' type. I suspect the 'bolt through' type would have provided the best traction, but I couldn't find any tracks that would honor the warranty or nor could I feel comfortable with drilling completely through the track. So ended up going with some 'shoulder' carbide studs from IGRIP. They are a Canadian company. They have several different lengths and types of carbides available and their prices are better than anyone else. Great customer support etc. Anyway, will post some videos once the snow and ice arrives...