Just because it has the buttons............

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BCS160

Greetings guys, newbie here. Bought a real nice Bobcat S160 a while back. Gold package, enclosed cab with heat and ac, tooth bucket,light material bucket and a set of forks. 2004 model with 864 hours. Think i got it worth the money for 16k. Now i have a couple of questions. Just because this thing has the buttons i guess it doesn`t mean that it has that option,am i correct? It has the high flow button but when i push it the light doesn`t come on. It also has the 2 speed button that doesn`t seem to do anything. How can i tell if there is a problem or if it simply doesn`t have that option? Thanks.

SkidRoe

Most units that were fitted with these options had decals on the sides proclaiming their presence, pretty much all had the buttons. If you don't have the decals, there is a good chance you don't have the options.
HTH - SR

Bobcatdan

Most units that were fitted with these options had decals on the sides proclaiming their presence, pretty much all had the buttons. If you don't have the decals, there is a good chance you don't have the options.
HTH - SR
It's done for parts simplicity. One handle or dash fits everything for a given era. The handles have been around so long, machines like a 753 had a 2 speed switch before the option was ever offered. A 2 speed machine will be clearly marked. High flow depends. '04 should still be a G series which would be proudly labled. Newer K series had little more then a warning sticker by the couplers. While a S160 could be optioned with both, both options are rare from what I've seen.

OP
OP
B

BCS160

HTH - SR
Thanks for the reply.The only extra decal that it has is Air Conditioned. Don`t really need the 2 speed but the high flow might have came in handy. Thought about a snow blower in the future.

7LBSSMALLIE

Thanks for the reply.The only extra decal that it has is Air Conditioned. Don`t really need the 2 speed but the high flow might have came in handy. Thought about a snow blower in the future.
the exact phrase is commonality of parts. so yes lots o buttons be useless. the standard flow blower aint nothing to sneeze at at. off the top my head I think youre pushing about 17.5 gpm at 2250 psi (need fact check) . id ask for a demo. if it does what you want it to do. go for it. if it don't. go mack daddy. upgrade. lend the shovel to neighbor and dont ask for it back. .and smile when wife brings you coffee

Bobcatdan

the exact phrase is commonality of parts. so yes lots o buttons be useless. the standard flow blower aint nothing to sneeze at at. off the top my head I think youre pushing about 17.5 gpm at 2250 psi (need fact check) . id ask for a demo. if it does what you want it to do. go for it. if it don't. go mack daddy. upgrade. lend the shovel to neighbor and dont ask for it back. .and smile when wife brings you coffee
Standard flow works fine for snowblowers. Big thing is to make sure the blower has the right motor for your flow. A standard flow snowblower will go threw just as much and throw just as far as a high flow. Only thing a high flow will do is better is a little faster feed rate.