Joined last week.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pgmrdan

New here. Bought my first skid steer, a Bobcat 751, Saturday and it should be delivered early this week. I have a few acres and a tractor just won't do some projects. I needed something that will dig and move dirt and gravel. Buddy at work said he just can't get by without both a tractor and a skid steer. I'm to that point. I'd been putting off the purchase while trying to think of another way to get things done but I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. I think I'll be glad I did. Anyway, I'm in Iowa where we grow corn and beans (not potatoes :) ) and raise hogs. I have some hay fields. New(ish) house that needs some more landscaping done including the area around a new pond. Need to fix a washed out area so I can cross it with the tractor again to mow about 2 or 3 acres of 'natural' area. (It looks like a park after mowing.) Want to take out some more old fencing. Lots of little and medium things to use the Bobcat for.

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the site. Wouldn't mind seeing pictures of your farming if you got around to it. I have been trying to grow a few things, but the wild life seem to like it more than i do......
Some will bad mouth you for buying a 751 as it has an 'alien' engine as standard. They ran a Pug engine that parts are hard to get and suitably expensive. If it has this engine, do your self a favour, go around and check all the coolant lines, there are no less than 5 on it, no idea why it's like that though. Small hoses behind the engine as well. They are a great engine, very smooth running.
You will find so many things to do with the skid steer, i could never live without one now

OP
OP
P

pgmrdan

Welcome to the site. Wouldn't mind seeing pictures of your farming if you got around to it. I have been trying to grow a few things, but the wild life seem to like it more than i do......
Some will bad mouth you for buying a 751 as it has an 'alien' engine as standard. They ran a Pug engine that parts are hard to get and suitably expensive. If it has this engine, do your self a favour, go around and check all the coolant lines, there are no less than 5 on it, no idea why it's like that though. Small hoses behind the engine as well. They are a great engine, very smooth running.
You will find so many things to do with the skid steer, i could never live without one now
"You will find so many things to do with the skid steer, i could never live without one now." That's the way I felt years ago when I bought my first air compressor. I couldn't imagine not having one. Now I have two! Does that mean that someday I'll have two skid steers? :)

Tazza

Staff member
"You will find so many things to do with the skid steer, i could never live without one now." That's the way I felt years ago when I bought my first air compressor. I couldn't imagine not having one. Now I have two! Does that mean that someday I'll have two skid steers? :)
hehe it is very possible. At one point i think i had seven..... But that was with the plans of moving them on which i have done with a few. Just need to get the last two done so they can go as well.
I'm lucky enough to have always had access to an air compressor, my dad had one since i was a kid. I just have since bought a larger one for sand blasting, 175 CFM.

Latest posts