John Deere 675B

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

aww48

I have a John Deere 675B skid steer that was made by New Holland. Does anyone know if the control module part# MG9827094 is the same as the New Holland control module part# 9827094? They look identical but the New Holland is a lot less money.

flyerdan

Logic would dictate that it should be the same part with a different number for fleecing purposes. Kind of like how a cannery will change labels in a run so the same beans get different prices.
It appears that there might be two versions, an older D connecter (like your monitor cable) which was superseded by the far superior avionics style Canon plug. Either way, for that kind of money, I would open it up, break out the soldering iron and hard wire it to the "good to go" settings. Providing that it's not being used on commercial job sites with OSHA lurking.

OP
OP
A

aww48

Logic would dictate that it should be the same part with a different number for fleecing purposes. Kind of like how a cannery will change labels in a run so the same beans get different prices.
It appears that there might be two versions, an older D connecter (like your monitor cable) which was superseded by the far superior avionics style Canon plug. Either way, for that kind of money, I would open it up, break out the soldering iron and hard wire it to the "good to go" settings. Providing that it's not being used on commercial job sites with OSHA lurking.
How does one go about opening it up and what would I find once inside? It has some kind of black coating on the back side, not sure if it's rubber or plastic. This one has the round connector.

flyerdan

How does one go about opening it up and what would I find once inside? It has some kind of black coating on the back side, not sure if it's rubber or plastic. This one has the round connector.
Not having seen one, I can't say, but it could be potted. That's where they encapsulate the circuitry in structural adhesive or pro-seal. That protects it from moisture and corrosion, but if a cap or diode blows out a 75 cent part kills the whole unit because it isn't serviceable.