John Deere 250 Skid Steer Auxiliary Hydraulics Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TwoWheelRider

I just bought a 2003 John Deere 250 skid steer with H-pattern hand controls. It has foot pedal rests but I believe those are non-functioning for any controls. It has a black lever on the bottom right by the foot rest that should lock on/off the auxiliary hydraulics but, I can't find a way to actuate the hydraulics. Neither foot rest moves in either the lock or unlock position and I'm wondering if black buttons on each hand control are supposed to actuate the auxiliaries. There is one black button on each the left and the right hand controls but neither seems to do anything. Hoping someone can tell me if these black buttons on each handle are the auxiliary controls?

Having the same issue. However, there are no buttons on either hand control so not sure how to actuate the auxillaries? Were you able to determine how they are actuated?

APE-SD

I just bought a 2003 John Deere 250 skid steer with H-pattern hand controls. It has foot pedal rests but I believe those are non-functioning for any controls. It has a black lever on the bottom right by the foot rest that should lock on/off the auxiliary hydraulics but, I can't find a way to actuate the hydraulics. Neither foot rest moves in either the lock or unlock position and I'm wondering if black buttons on each hand control are supposed to actuate the auxiliaries. There is one black button on each the left and the right hand controls but neither seems to do anything. Hoping someone can tell me if these black buttons on each handle are the auxiliary controls?