JD6675 when I turn the key all i get is a click

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mike D

I'm dealing with that right now also, I've checked the battery, battery terminals, fuses, connection. I just went and ordered all 4 relays, 1 was bad for sure my intake heater was on. I'll let you know Saturday or Sunday if it worked.

mrbb

have you had the battery load tested and not just a volt meter?
make sure all connections are clean and not corroded, be surprised how a little corrosion can effect things, that or your starter solenoid is bad?

Mike D

We'll I replaced all the relays, cleaned the battery terminals and gave it a try, nothing but a quieter click and now it blows the 5amp fuse for the dash. What's the chances it's the ignition switch? I even hooked up my diesel truck to it with jumper cables to make sure it wasn't the battery. Any more ideas I'm missing?

mrbb

could be a ignition switch, is this a Keyed machine?
I replaced 2 on my NH skid steer in the past 10 yrs or so!
lots of cheap junk made in china for replacement parts(and even OEM one's)

and if your blowing a fuse, you may have a short some place, I'd be inspecting the wires again closer looking for any damage to them/insulation or?
and again the starter solenoid could be bad ??

Mike D

could be a ignition switch, is this a Keyed machine?
I replaced 2 on my NH skid steer in the past 10 yrs or so!
lots of cheap junk made in china for replacement parts(and even OEM one's)

and if your blowing a fuse, you may have a short some place, I'd be inspecting the wires again closer looking for any damage to them/insulation or?
and again the starter solenoid could be bad ??
Thanks for the info, I changed the starter relays, I changed any relay I touched on the firewall. I was wondering about the ignition. I will get a new one and try it, I was also wondering about the breaker on the firewall that looks like a solenoid. I'm about to run out of electrical parts to replace. I'm also taking the battery in to be tested.

mrbb

they sell cheap switches on EBAy and Amazon, but again, they may not last as long as as OEM one, but then again many OEM one's are made the say way/as yrs passed they went to cheap replacement vendors!
??

and

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/new-hitachi-2130-17002-isuzu-118493.html

Last edited:

Mike D

Thanks to everyone that replied, I found the problem after all the relay replacements, wire testing, ignition switch, fuses….. it was the last thing I t looked at. The starter! I pulled my 7 month old rebuilt starter and it was bad, I was shocked. After I pulled it I looked at it and the label said made in china with a John Deere sticker on it. I went on line and bought a brand new starter for $125.00 opposed to JD $800 one. There all made in china so what's the difference? She runs like a charm. Thanks again for all your input.