JD6675 TURNS OVER BUT WONT START

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skil11

Cold Canadien day, skid steere would not start. Friend tried boostng and starter began to smoke. Cried... Pushed skid steere into garage with another machine by skidding it on the ice and then wd 40'ing the smooth concrete in the garage. Starter was toast so I replaced it. Difficult job considering arms were down but it was possible. Moment of truth. Turned it over a few times and then .. click click. Every thing is tight, what now? Replaced ground battery cable. Tried again. It turns over great, but now it wont fire. Electric lift pump sounds like it works, fuel bowl fills , fuels seeps out of bled valves on injector pump. it seems that no fuel comes out of injector lines at the engine when you turn it over. No smoke out of exhaust either. Loossend injector line to try and bleed it no fuel comes out. Checked all fuses. Is it air locked, did skidding it do something, can temp change cause an air lock,. Is my injector pump broken or stuck. Any tips, tricks or fuel additives I can try pleas let me know. thank you.

OP
OP
S

skil11

Does it have a electric fuel shut off on the injection pump. 1st step is to be sure power is getting there. If it is gettin power at the shut off can you hear or feel it click when someone switches on the key? You could of had a failure in a wire fuse or switch which caused the original no start problem.

OP
OP
S

skil11

Does it have a electric fuel shut off on the injection pump. 1st step is to be sure power is getting there. If it is gettin power at the shut off can you hear or feel it click when someone switches on the key? You could of had a failure in a wire fuse or switch which caused the original no start problem.
It is a john deere 220 series engine with yanmar pump. Does anyone know if it has this shut off where it is located and or connected???