JD CT322

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

npijdunn

Hello, My JD CT322 has developed some shut off issues. It has happened a couple times now when I turn the key off the engine does not stop. Lately it seems there is a 1/2 second to 3 second delay before the machine turns off. Sometimes it works perfectly. The last time it did not shut off I disconnected the fuel shut off solenoid and it stayed running. The only way after 30 minutes of turning the key on and off and disconnecting the solenoid I could get the engine to stop was removing air cleaners, using a can to block air intake to reduce idle further and driving the unit forward to stall. The solenoid has 2 wires. I am assuming one wire is to voltage to pull the solenoid in, the other is voltage to hold it in and the solenoid gets its ground from the casing. Am I right with this? I would have thought disconnecting the solenoid wiring would have opened it. Do you thing the solenoid is the culprit? Or do I have something going on deeper inside with the fuel shut off rack? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

foton

with a volt meter you can confirm your thoughts on the start and hold wires , go to one wire with the key on to find the hold wire you will need a helper to engage the start position to find the start position wire. It is possible that it has a ground and a hot that make up the two wires. but you would think that if you removed the power to the solenoid it should close the valve turning off the fuel killing the engine. so if kept running I would think it would have to be hanging up.