JD 6675 — died suddenly. Won’t click over

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cvogelskidsteer

Recently bought this skiddy and ran it for 5hrs with no issues. All of a sudden the engine died as if I turned off key.

I tried to restart and machine would not even crank. Checked battery connections and fuses. Both ok. Panel is supplied with power as well. Gas in tank.

After it died, I heard this ticking/knocking coming from back left of machine. Still unable to crank

Any wisdom fellow skid-steerers?!

mrbb

is this a Gasoline motor or diesel?
if gas, could the fuel pump have died on you, or alternator?
and if diesel, NO one put gasoline in it did they?

mrbb

Good point. Hopefully I haven't lost my marbles it that degree yet.

Do you think it could be ignition relay?
could be, when machines get older, could be a bunch of things, its all now a game of process of elimination, and testing things till you find the winner! HAHA< good luck!

OP
OP
C

Cvogelskidsteer

Replaced blown 30A fuse (label is worn off from fuse box so not sure what system it was linked to).

After replacing 30A fuse, machine clicked over when I went to start it and then I heard fuse pop again. Could this be a lose ground or short circuit within ignition system?

Blew two new fuses attempting to start

Thanks fellow skiddy pilots

chrimsun

Did you try it in service mode? Just wondering what you figured out on this? I have had my machine a couple of months and trying to get info where I can in case things like your issue pop up!

laurencen

is the starter still engaged when it runs? is it still running on power? when it starts quickly turn ignition off and on, this will kill a stuck start relay