JD 240 Injector Pump Replacement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jcrockett77

Hi all! Hope someone can assist me with my search. I have a 99 John Deere 240, which I purchased not running but still a great deal. I'm fairly mechanically inclined, so figured I would take on another project, haha. Anyway, my investigation has led me to a bad injector pump. Lift pump is pushing fuel, the shutoff solenoid was broken (no plunger), so I assume with the solenoid body in place the pump should push fuel to injectors (since there isn't an obstruction, i.e. the plunger). Any other reason why the injection pump wouldn't send fuel to injectors? So, I've began searching replacement/rebuilt pumps, or even rebuild kits, for a Lucas CAV RE37918 3238F721, but not having a great deal of luck. Anyone have any leads? Any rebuild kits compatible? What about converting to another model of fuel pump. I know the more common model was a Stanadyne. I'm sure I could make the fuel lines work, but concerned about bolt pattern and gear shaft. Thanks for any help!

farmshop

We had a 250 that had a screw or something come loose in the pump causing it to not start. Was fine 1 minute shut it off then no start.

Latest posts