JCB 190T Hydraulic Issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Darcpet

I recently installed a rebuilt right side drive motor but I am having hydraulic issues that are puzzling. When I first put the drive motor on it tested fine in both forward and reverse. I ran it a good deal in both directions and it seemed to work fine. Installed the track and proceeded to attempt to work the air out of the lift arm. I was not having any luck so I thought I would drive the machine outside and continue to work the air out of the system. The machine drove out side fine and I backed into a nice spot, but when I decided to move it ahead a few more feet the machine decided it was going to continue going forward and not stop. I have the machine up on blocks now and am puzzled as to why the hydraulics are behaving so oddly. When I first start the machine (after it has been sitting for a while) the drive motors will work in the reverse direction but not in the forward direction, but after the machine has been running for a while the drives start to move forward and accelerate until moving at full speed. The drives at this point will no longer operate in the reverse. At best they will slow down or stop when they are moving slowly but after the drives reach full speed they will not respond reversing the control. I have never been able to get the lift arm function working either. Anybody have any ideas? If it was just one drive acting this way I would think it was the drive I installed, but with both drives acting exactly the same I am puzzled. I should note that the machine has pilot style controls. Left hand works the drives; right hand operated lift arm and bucket. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
Do you have any warning lights coming on?
You say it won't lift, does it tilt? just trying to work out if you are getting hydraulic pressure or not.
I'm just wondering if there is a problem with your hydraulic pump or pump shaft. If it's broken, you will have no hydraulics. The hydraulics provide charge pressure to the drive pump that works your wheels. If you are not getting charge pressure the drive will not work properly if at all.
I assume you changed the filters?

billymac

What did you find out about your drive issues? I have a JCB 1110T thats having some strange forward reverse problems.

Elibirau

I see that this is a very old thread, but maybe there is someone that can help me with my JCB 1110T. I bought it a few months ago with a major oil leak from the camshaft seal. I took the engine out and replaced the seal. After I put the engine back in, it works fine with no leaks, but it won't move anymore. The arm goes up and down and it tilts, but no movement whatsoever. No hydraulic pressure to the joystick and to pressure to any of the lines that go out to the tracks. I tested all 3 hydraulic solenoids by swapping them around and still nothing. I checked all the fuses and relays... I don't know what else to do. I will appreciate any help. Thank you

Nizagin

In some cases, the camshaft seal's positioning may cause the oil leak and damage the engine. In such a case, we can replace the camshaft seal to diminish the issue as you did. We can not do anything without understanding the proper problem. In my opinion, a good JCB repair service can help you.

andythesledneck

2013 volvo mc135c im having a fun issue i just pulled back in my yard from about a 3 hour 9 mile journey clearing snow and im in high running fast i slow down with motor cranked all the way up and start pushing light snow push to a pile dump back up then start forward and make it like 10 feet and it was like i flipped a switch no hydraulics no up no forward just the motor humming away and a flashing hyd pressure light and audible warning i checked all my fuses they a good safety switches work just no hyd pressure neighbor has a tractor we lifted the boom by removing lower pin removing the lines and and lifting while back and forth but his little guy could only lift about 1ft short of high enough to flip cabi checked hyd filter closest to fan drive it was clean im gonna try and check the other one tomorrow

RWALTON699

2013 volvo mc135c im having a fun issue i just pulled back in my yard from about a 3 hour 9 mile journey clearing snow and im in high running fast i slow down with motor cranked all the way up and start pushing light snow push to a pile dump back up then start forward and make it like 10 feet and it was like i flipped a switch no hydraulics no up no forward just the motor humming away and a flashing hyd pressure light and audible warning i checked all my fuses they a good safety switches work just no hyd pressure neighbor has a tractor we lifted the boom by removing lower pin removing the lines and and lifting while back and forth but his little guy could only lift about 1ft short of high enough to flip cabi checked hyd filter closest to fan drive it was clean im gonna try and check the other one tomorrow
Good Luck!!! Having the same problem with a JCB 260......nobody seems to know....or if they do know, they're not saying

ddbackhoe

Sounds like you lost your hydraulic pump, a fatal blow to a skidsteer.. Isn't yours mounted on the front side of the hydrostat drive unit ?

Last edited:

andythesledneck

Yes its stacked hydrostat to pump i have no trash anywhere i got the boom up and cab flipped up so i have full access just not sure where to got from here i have no pilot oil pressure its either something electrical quit an air pocket in the system or the pump drive sheared or pump went

Latest posts