Is the New Holland boom system as durable as others?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mustang Gregg

A non-New Holland dealer has stated that the vertical boom system on a NH is not a good as the Gehl, Mustang, Case, etc. system. They only lift higher. Is that true? Thanks, Mustang Gregg

Tigerotor77W

It depends on what application you're looking to get into. Without a doubt, there are more durable systems, but how much durability you need isn't the only part of the buying equation -- what applications are you going to do?

charger

It depends on what application you're looking to get into. Without a doubt, there are more durable systems, but how much durability you need isn't the only part of the buying equation -- what applications are you going to do?
i`ve got a lx 665 with over 4000 hours and only had to replace the bottom face plate bushings,keep the unit serviced regularily and it shouldn`t give you problems!

2109 Stang

i`ve got a lx 665 with over 4000 hours and only had to replace the bottom face plate bushings,keep the unit serviced regularily and it shouldn`t give you problems!
Good answer , it goes to show that if you take care of your equipment you can keep it for ever .

skidsteer.ca

Good answer , it goes to show that if you take care of your equipment you can keep it for ever .
New Holland has built their boom that way forever. If it was junk they would have lost the market by now. Who would keep buying something that was problematic? They seem to have a loyal following where good dealers exist.
Strangely enough, JD seems to be getting flak from members on another board over their boom design that tends to slop side to side. But I think it just stands to reason something with more pins will move around more. If you don't grease it and let it wear it will slop more then a worn out radial lift machine.
But overall its a good design imo.
Ken