I need help with my Clark 630

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

smetana10.

I just recently bought my first skid steer. Problem I'm having is the right rear tire is seized up. Can anyone throw me some suggestions on what it might be? All three other tires turn just like they should. Chains seem tight like they should be but there's no budging that right rear tire. Please help. Thank you

OP
OP
S

smetana10.

The chain for that wheel broke and is jaming the sprocket.
That must mean there's a chain for each tire? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I took inspection plate off the front and the chains seem good there. Thanks for the rapid reply

Tazza

Staff member
That must mean there's a chain for each tire? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I took inspection plate off the front and the chains seem good there. Thanks for the rapid reply
Sounds like a chain too, each side has two chains, one for the front one for the back. Seeing the rear one is hard from the front inspection cover, get in there with a torch and see if you can spot it.

OP
OP
S

smetana10.

Sounds like a chain too, each side has two chains, one for the front one for the back. Seeing the rear one is hard from the front inspection cover, get in there with a torch and see if you can spot it.
Yea. It is a busted chain. Any tips on making the fix easy?

Tazza

Staff member
Yea. It is a busted chain. Any tips on making the fix easy?
Sadly there is no easy way, but if you buy a length of chain and con-links, the job will be easier. The ones from the dealer are already made, so you need to remove an axle/sprocket to get them on.
When measuring the new chain, go by links, not length. The old one will have stretched.