I just bought a JCB

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dabe

Hi,
I just bought a 1999 JCB 165 with all of the hydraulic pumps in a big cardboard box. I have learned a lot about skid steers by searching this site but might have a few questions as I put this beast back together. I am in North Carolina.

cdmccul

Welcome aboard!

I used to work for a JCB dealer. We only sold one before the owner went through a divorce and the company dissolved. They are nice machines, related to Volvo Heavy Equipment... I can't remember who made them, JCB or Volvo. But yea, single side arm, easy in/out cabs, etc.

The parts software was pretty good, too, for the newer stuff. Never had to look up old stuff. I was in Parts, and we serviced lots of stuff including cars, so didn't spend much time in JCB.

Welcome aboard!

foton

I do not know how close to a parts dealer that you are, so there is one called mid-south in chattanogga,tn. just in case you need one.

Jim A

Find out who made the pumps and what parts are needed.
May be a Rexroth or Kawasaki Sunstrand or Korean pump.
Often you can get parts direct from mfg .

OP
OP
D

dabe

Jim,
Thanks for the suggestion. My skidsteer was manufactured in the UK using pumps built by Sauer Sundstrand in the US. It is not clear to me how many times the company name has changed (or what it is now) in the 24 years since my skid steer was built.

Jim A

Check with pump rebuild shops may be able to cross it over to Sunstrand parts from JCB .
I have a JCB backhoe nice but parts are expensive and difficult to obtain.