I have a JD24a # 5628 ... I have a water in engine problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PaulJd24a

I had a JD24a donated to me years ago. I had a mechanic remove the engine 3 years ago and replaced it with an identical engine he found that had
run on propane only, no carb, so it was super 'clean'. The mechanic put the original carb and other parts on the 'new' engine switching it over to gasoline only.
I thought all my engine troubles were forever resolved going this route. Come to find out that somehow water got into the crankcase mixed up with the oil even
though the unit has been in an open shed and a metal container is constantly over the exhaust pipe while not running.
What are the possible solutions and causes?
The mechanic said he had to remove the radiator to work on the engine from below... more details are lacking at this instant for I have been in hospital
getting surgery and trying to call and get details has only started this week... July 20, 2022.
Ideas?
He made a remark that this kind of thing sounded like an intentional act.
Please... help me get this situation resolved.
Paul

OP
OP
P

PaulJd24a

When I first got the JD24a, there was water in the gas tanks, which I drained over and over and over. Yet, even last year... water in the gas tank. I drained the left side gas tank only since that is the direction that the fuel flows. It does not make sense to me.

foton

well that opens up another slight chance if the fuel pump has a leaky diaphram water and gas could make it into the engine oil then the gas evaporates off leaving water in oil. You might be able to smell the oil and see if you smell gas in it. just maybe

OP
OP
P

PaulJd24a

That reminds me... the mechanic said the fuel pump had a problem, so he had to install an
electric fuel pump. ... hmmmm. smell the oil and 'smell gas in it'.... hmmmm.

OP
OP
P

PaulJd24a

I had two problems...
1) water in the fuel tank, which I had to drain out ... repeatedly over a 10 year period. I'd like to know how that can happen.
2) water in the crankcase... yea... a gasket is the likely culprit.
Thank you everyone for all your comments!

Latest posts