hydro pump light?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

prissy012899

I have a bobcat 773 older model. It was running fine one day and I stopped it to refuel. After refueling it would not start.. Turned over good but just wouldn't start. A little internet research and I had a person to push in the arm of the fuel shutoff plunger solenoid and it started right up. Everything seems to work fine but a panel light is on and I don't know if it has anything to do with the fuel shutoff solenoid. Can anyone help me here? Give me some ideas on what this might be? Does it need a new fuel shutoff or maybe a relay switch or something more serious. thanks in advance. Ps the light that is staying on after starting is a gear with a teardrop in the middle. It goes off when I turn the switch off.. Elizabeth

Tazza

Staff member
I'd start by checking voltage at the shut off solenoid. If you can push it and it locks in, your hold coil is working, the issue is the pull coil is iether burnt out or not getting power. If you use a meter to check for power between black and white and black and red. One will have power to hold the plunger in, the other will only operate when cranking. When you find the one that is the pull coil, get someone to crank the engine and see if youa re getting power.
If there is no power, the issue is further back, be it a relay as you mentioned or a fuse. If there is power, the coil is possibly burnt out and needs replacing.
The charge pressure light could be a bad sender. It will not stop the machine from starting, but it can make it run for 30 seconds then shut off.