Hydraulics acting weird after sitting 2 months

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rcrail

I have a 743b. It was running and working great 2 months ago when I parked it. After sitting for 2 months the hydraulics are acting strange. When I push the raise pedal it raises as it should. When I push the down pedal it just lowers very slowly by its own weight, unless I push real hard it acts like it catches on something and will slam down by it own weight but won't lower down in a controlled manner.
The tilt will tilt down but not up. When I push the dump pedal it dumps as it should. When I push the tilt up pedal it does nothing.
Any ideas???

brdgbldr

I have a 743b. It was running and working great 2 months ago when I parked it. After sitting for 2 months the hydraulics are acting strange. When I push the raise pedal it raises as it should. When I push the down pedal it just lowers very slowly by its own weight, unless I push real hard it acts like it catches on something and will slam down by it own weight but won't lower down in a controlled manner.
The tilt will tilt down but not up. When I push the dump pedal it dumps as it should. When I push the tilt up pedal it does nothing.
Any ideas???
When you press down hard on the toe of the lift peddle you engage the detent and put it in "float" mode which allows the arms to move up and down freely. This is used when back leveling so it follows the contours of the ground. It is not recommended to put it in float when it is in the air.

As for your problem. Make sure you don't have the auxiliary on full time. This is done when the right lever is pushed to the right all the way. This engages the detent and allows the auxiliaries to flow full time in one direction. To release, press the right lever all the way to the left.

See if this corrects your problem and report back.

OP
OP
R

rcrail

Must have moved the stick over while getting in it and didn't even think about checking that. Machine operates as it should now. Thank god for this forum and it's members.
Thank you very much. I'm glad it was so simple.
Thanks brdgbldr. !!!

brdgbldr

Must have moved the stick over while getting in it and didn't even think about checking that. Machine operates as it should now. Thank god for this forum and it's members.
Thank you very much. I'm glad it was so simple.
Thanks brdgbldr. !!!
This is a common problem that happens to the best of us.

It's happened to me more than once while plowing snow. It puts me in a little panic for a couple of seconds thinking that my machine just broke down in the middle of the road and I'll be blocking traffic. But then I remember and have to laugh at myself.