hydraulic question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dodgeking3171

Hey guys got a quick question that makes me believe I have a problem. I have a 1970s machine so nothing is out of 5he question. This weekend I was using the loader at idle for safety reasons. I notices that at idle it would lift the same things as it would at full speed. It makes sense to me that it would be slower but shouldn't the loader produce the same max psi at a lower engine speed or kill the engine? In my case engin3 never died or bog Down . It just didn't have the lift power. Any ideas or is that normal?

OP
OP
D

dodgeking3171

And it is old might be a bit worn
Well to further my confusion. ..... so yesterday I'm spreading dirt. Part way through the task I go and put the edge of my bucket down. However. The bucket tilt cylinders retract when I try to put weight in the bucket. They retract close to 6 in before that stopped. When I raised the bucket they came back down. Seems like air In the system maybe but where from? That's a lot of air!

antfarmer2

Well to further my confusion. ..... so yesterday I'm spreading dirt. Part way through the task I go and put the edge of my bucket down. However. The bucket tilt cylinders retract when I try to put weight in the bucket. They retract close to 6 in before that stopped. When I raised the bucket they came back down. Seems like air In the system maybe but where from? That's a lot of air!
A stuck aux hydro can do some strange things

Latest posts