Hydraulic Question.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rigger5.9

Hello, new to the forum, looks very interesting. I have a 1990 Bobcat 440, complete restoration done, but I have a question about adding an auxillary hydraulic set up. I want to add a spool valve in the cab to run a wood spliter or a thumb to a grapple. Can I add a T to the main line coming off the pump and a return line T'd into the main return? Just wondering if anyone has done this? thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Not sure how that would work, as the spools are open centre so when not in use the fluid would go back to the tank and not to your lift and tilt. If your control valve in your machine now has a power beyond port (PB), i believe it can be done though.

adsmith72

Not sure how that would work, as the spools are open centre so when not in use the fluid would go back to the tank and not to your lift and tilt. If your control valve in your machine now has a power beyond port (PB), i believe it can be done though.
Did you figure this out? I also was wanting to pull hydraulic power for another hook-up. Wasn't sure the best place to connect or type of valve that should be used.

OP
OP
R

Rigger5.9

Did you figure this out? I also was wanting to pull hydraulic power for another hook-up. Wasn't sure the best place to connect or type of valve that should be used.
Havent got nailed down yet but I.m thinking I can put a "T" in the main line from the pump before the valve body. And then another T in the retun line afer the valve body, so this would give me full fluid pressure to a seperate single spool valve that I can mount in the cab with a quick disconnect. It should work, I.m going to build a couple of lines and try it, I'll report on my progress, but if anyone has any suggestions , Im all ears, thanks.

OP
OP
R

Rigger5.9

Havent got nailed down yet but I.m thinking I can put a "T" in the main line from the pump before the valve body. And then another T in the retun line afer the valve body, so this would give me full fluid pressure to a seperate single spool valve that I can mount in the cab with a quick disconnect. It should work, I.m going to build a couple of lines and try it, I'll report on my progress, but if anyone has any suggestions , Im all ears, thanks.
Tazza your right , it wont work that way. Probably designed so that you have to get a spool valve with pressure beyond from the dealer. So the search for a used one begins!

Latest posts