Hydraulic pressure - attachment question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hawker74

Hey guys, sorry if this question has been covered before. I have a 2009 Bobcat S205. I have a couple of aftermarket attachments like a snow blower and a snow plow. When connected, I get full hydraulic pressure to the cylinder ram, as an example, on the angle adjustment ram for the snow plow, when I move the switch to angle the blade it moves violently at full force with no dampening effect. If there a way to reduce or control the pressure so I get smooth slower movement of the ram?

flyerdan

Hopefully someone will be along that knows whether the solenoid based aux system can be tweaked to allow it to feather, like the foot pedals.
If it can't be reprogrammed, you can always put a restrictor orifice in the hydraulic cylinders that will limit the flow and cause them to move slower. That would be the easiest and cheapest fix; it would only affect the attachment and can be easily reversed if needed. Any hydraulic shop should be able to set you up with what you need

OP
OP
H

Hawker74

Hopefully someone will be along that knows whether the solenoid based aux system can be tweaked to allow it to feather, like the foot pedals.
If it can't be reprogrammed, you can always put a restrictor orifice in the hydraulic cylinders that will limit the flow and cause them to move slower. That would be the easiest and cheapest fix; it would only affect the attachment and can be easily reversed if needed. Any hydraulic shop should be able to set you up with what you need
Thanks for the advice! I'll look into this. Cheers

Latest posts